Friday, July 8

My first socks!

I've read a lot of posts on Ravely about how addictive sock knitting is, and so I had to give it a try for myself.

I got some Austermann Steppe yarn on sale in a local store that recently closed down, and although it's not the nicest colours, or shades I'd normally wear, for the low price I thought it was worth getting to make my first pair with.

There's a great pattern by Silver that is recommended a lot on Ravelry, and although it's for DPNs I decided to give it a try with magic loop.

So far it's going well. :) Although I think I may get a bit confused when I get to the heel, so I've found a magic loop sock pattern that also casted on with 64 sts to refer to if need be.

Here are my photos so far (notice how I had to change needles as I snapped my 2mm KnitPro by leaning on it!!) I didn't think the Pony metal needles would be very nice to work with, but I'm actually not finding them unpleasant at all.






No comments:

Post a Comment