Thursday, July 7

The Big Baby Blanket!

Sorry for the delay in posting! Work has gotten so hectic, and when I get home I just want to knit! Which means after dinner and housework there hasn't been a lot of blogging time left.

But I'm back!

I got an amazing book for my birthday, another by Nicki Trench:

I love so many of the different squares, so have started a baby blanket....

....well....

I say "started"...

I did a "B" for baby on my 4mm circulars, but I found working with a couple of colours quite awkward with the different yarns and the cable, so I went out and bought some straight needles....only to get home and find they were 4.5mm.

So I started a second square and the 0.5 made a big difference, and I much prefer it, so I'm pretty much starting from scratch.

I've got the luxury of time, and it's nice to have a project which can be on going. But I've bought my yarn and have my straight needles now, so expect a lot of blanket square updates!

It's going to be a challenge making it unisex, I think. But hopefully I'll be pleased with how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment